Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Weekend of Goodness

Is it just me or does the weekend seem to fly right by?? I swear it was just yesterday that I was at work and now tomorrow I have to go back. Despite how quickly the weekend passed, it was an enjoyable weekend. Low key, relaxing and refreshing. I appreciated every moment.

Friday night I had to work late - good for the pocket book, but bad for my energy level. This past week I was plagued with flu that has seemed to make its way around numerous homes in the last couple of weeks. I was down for the count on Wednesday and Thursday, so I needed to make up some time on Friday with clients. Let's just say that by the end of the night I was completely wiped out. I crashed hard and slept solid.


Saturday was fabulous. The drastic change in weather, although not so great for my head situation, was great for my spirit. I took advantage of the "balmy" temperatures and ventured outside with the dog and my camera to capture some of the beauty in winter. It felt wonderful to walk outside for more then 5 minutes and not feel as though my face was going to fall off.


Church and an evening with girlfriends concluded the day. Last Saturday we had planned to celebrate Sabrina's birthday, but due to sudden sickness by the guest of honor, our party was post-poned. The party was redeemed with a girls night - coke, lots of chips, cookies and wonderful conversation. The festivities lasted late into the night, which was a huge improvement from the previous week (I believe our initial party lasted maybe an hour).
Mommy & Norah sharing a late night snuggle


comparing engagement rings

I have said before that I am beyond blessed with these amazing ladies. I think what I appreciate most about them is their willingness to go deeper in their relationship with Jesus, with us and their authenticity in those relationships. I consider it a privilege to be able to walk alongside these beautiful women in their journeys and I am blessed to have them accompany me in mine. The laughter between us is also greatly appreciated. Thank you ladies for a wonderful evening.

The scene in our house on Sundays is the same each week: Football, Football and more Football. Many of you know that I enjoy sports. I like playing most sports, but I do NOT enjoy watching endless hours of football, Nascar, basketball and hockey. I will watch all of these sports live (except for maybe Nascar), but watching them on TV is of no interest to me. Thankfully football is nearing the end of its season and then that is one sport down. I am by far the minority in my house (everyone else is huge sports fans), so I have dedicated Sundays to be my day of rest - literally. I spend the day doing things that are refreshing and life-giving to my spirit. I read, go for walks, nap, enjoy a hot cup of coffee, watch movies, etc. I love it. It's a day where I am pretty much guaranteed to be by myself. It's a great way to end off a week and begin a new one.


I am heading into this new week with refreshed eyes, a rested soul and not sick. I am anticipating great things to come in the next few days.


"Sometimes it seems like God is difficult to find and impossibly far away. We get so caught up in our small daily duties and irritations that they become the only things that we can focus on. What we forget is that God's love and beauty are all around us, every day, if only we would take the time to look up and see them."

~ Matthias

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

The friendships you ladies have are special.

Sabrina said...

I too am anticipating GREAT things for you!!! ;)

Aimee said...

I hope you have a wonderful week, sans sickness and headaches!!! It was great to spend time with you on the weekend... I've been missing you :)

kerry and jo said...

Thought of you often last week. We had a young girl here at camp who looked a lot like you, she could have been your sister. Glad you had a good weekend and I enjoyed the glimpses of K&N in your pictures.

Brandi said...

great pictures of you girls! I really love the one of Kristy and Norah. I had a fun time with you too the other night, it was great that you could come! Sorry again about all the baby talk . . . :)