Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Man is Growing Up!

A very special man in my life is 6 years old today. It's hard to fathom the fact that he is growing up (and far too quickly might I add). I remember the first day I laid eyes on this boy - he and I were instantly attached at the age of 6 weeks old. We became inseparable at times. I have enjoyed every moment watching this guy grow up into a fine young boy and I am excited to celebrate this very special day with him.



Cole,
I can't believe how big and grown up you have become. You continue to be a light in my life and constantly bring me smiles. I love the questions you ask and I am constantly amazed at how intuitive you are - kinda scary sometimes :) I love your special Cole hugs and your silly kisses. I love curling up on the couch with you to watch a movie or some cartoons. I love going swimming with you and then going for yummy treats afterwards. I just love spending time with you. I enjoy our Kara/Cole dates so much. I know that we haven't had as much time to spend with each other in the last 6 months and that so much has changed for you this past year (and not always for the good), but Cole, I am so proud of you and I love you to the moon and back. I hope and pray that this next year you would continue to grow, with Jesus and in yourself. My prayer for you is that you would find much joy in the world around you despite what comes your way. I am also praying that you and me get to spend lots more time with each other because I sure miss you an awful lot!!!

I
love you so much Mr. Magoo - more then I could ever let you know.

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love the special relationship you two have. When I was in grade 8 I started babysitting a little girl who was 4 months old. Her 10th word was my name. She has always remained special in my heart. I can hardly believe that she's now in grade 9!

Aimee said...

You and Cole have such a special friendship and I know that you are a blessing in his life. He needs you more than ever these days and it is great to see you love him and encourage him in life!! Kara you rock!!!