Thursday, October 10, 2013

the sights of Lisboa.

I love the city. I love the hustle and bustle. I love the noise and the chaos. I love walking down a street hearing the sound of different languages being spoken. I love how servers at various cafes and restaurants call out for you sit down and eat. I love how you know the fall season has begun when you can smell chestnuts roasting. I love finding a spot at a cafe, sipping the world's most perfect latte while watching people walk by. That is truly fascinating. I love it even more when I can inconspicuously take photos of people walking by, accurately noting the absurdity in their clothing or actions. 

This afternoon I enjoyed all of the above. I parked myself at my favourite Starbucks in downtown Rossio where I could sit outside with the most spectacular view of the Castelo Sao Jorge in the distance. 
Ahhh, perfection. 

I spent time writing in my journal and observing all of the special characters walking by - there must have been a cruise ship that had come in this morning because the downtown was packed with sunburned, bathing-suit wearing tourists. It didn't feel like a true experience of what downtown Lisbon is like due to the copious number of tourists, but it was lovely nonetheless.










Roasting Chestnuts












This city has my heart.

No comments: