Monday, October 14, 2013

London weekend adventures part 1

This past weekend my dear friend Kiri and I flew over to London to spend 3 days together. Call it an early birthday gift to myself if you will :)

The whole weekend felt a tad surreal as we tried to cram as much as we possibly could into 3 very short days. Let me just say, that 3 days is NOT enough time to see all that needs to be seen in London. However, we did hit the big spots...Buckingham Palace (sadly no royalty was spotted much to my disappointment), Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey, Regent Street, the British Museum, Big Ben and the list goes on.

The forecast was calling for rain and cold for the whole weekend, but Saturday morning when we woke up, I just about squealed with joy when I opened up the curtains to discover the sun brightly shining. It was the perfect London day, even if the air was a little chilly.

the Queen's swans floating down the canal in front of friends' Doug & Myra's house.





I wouldn't have wanted to spend the weekend with anyone other than this lovely friend.

House of Parliament



Westminster Abbey...walking in this church took my breath away! I just stood there in complete awe.


classic London



Soaking up the views in St James Park


St. James Park


the red road of The Mall

Buckingham Palace









walking down The Mall

the arch of Trafalgar Square


not sure what was with the blue chicken. In the words of Kiri, "Random"

Trafalgar Square





a fish n chips lunch at a classic English pub


an old-school double decker.

Regent Street

Starbucks on a double decker...perfection.

supper out at another English pub


We were incredibly lucky to spend time with dear friends, Doug & Myra



Stay tuned for Day 2!


No comments: