Saturday, October 19, 2013

my favourites.

One of the best parts about being able to spend the past three weeks in Portugal was being able to spend concentrated time with some of my favourite people. Portugal is a beautiful country, but a big part of why this place is so special to me is because of the people I have the privilege of working with and doing life with. I am so thankful for this dynamic group I get to call amazing friends.

Matt & Kiri.

This awesome Australian family have been in Portugal for about 8 years now. Matt is a professor at the Portuguese Bible Institute (PBI). Both Kiri and Matt have a passion for discipleship and walking alongside young adults. They draw those around them closer into the heart of the Father. 
They are an energetic couple with 3 even more energetic children. These 5 have a very special place in my heart. I love them dearly. 






Right from day 1, Kiri and I became instantaneous friends. I often think it seems crazy that we have only known each other for 3 years - it feels like I have known her for so much longer. She is a friend I can laugh with, cry with and just do life with. 






Otto & Marjorie.

Words cannot describe how much these two mean to me. They have been in Portugal for 25 years (as of this coming January) and they live out what it means to be loyal and faithful in what God has invited them into. Their heart for the people of Portugal and their desire to see people around them walk in obedience and in relationship with Jesus is evident in all that they do. I have learned so much from these two. 


In the 3 years that I have come to know Otto and Marjorie, they have challenged me, encouraged me and they are not afraid to ask me the hard questions. I am incredibly thankful for their friendship and their mentorship in my life.
Hopefully one of these days I will be able to work alongside them in ministry in Portugal. 








Joe and Paula are also included on this list. I wrote about them last week. You can read it here: http://karafriesen.blogspot.ca/2013/10/jose-and-paula.html


No comments: