Thursday, November 17, 2011

Road Trip Part 2

In order to cut back on some costs, my aunt and uncle who live just outside of Calgary, graciously allowed us 4 girls to take over their basement for 3 days. Our agenda and schedule were laid back - the primary purpose of this trip was to reconnect and to just enjoy each other's company. 

Friday morning we awoke to a gorgeous November day. We took advantage of the weather and spent some time outside with the horses (my aunt and uncle happen to live on a ranch). The 4 of us are city girls at heart, although we did determine that if we had to live out in the country, on a farm, we could do it, but it wouldn't be our first choice. It was an awesome day though - lots of laughter was had.

My aunt asked if we could help tarp the hay - not entirely sure what that involved, but we did it. We referred to it as "chorin" (to be said with a twangy midwest accent... right Heidi :) We tarped that hay though and we were mighty proud of our work!


Heading out to see the horses.



Oh how I had missed this lady!
this lady too!

Just acting natural around nature :)

Gotta brush the horses before you saddle up!

Heading out to ride...apparently I thought I was riding a bull or something. We'll blame the country air :)

Heidi...the natural.

ooops.

my cousin Brittany to the rescue

Giddy up Aleah!
Rachael...so lady-like

Getting the hang of it...sort of.


 After a morning of horseback riding, we were in desperate need of Starbucks goodness and a girls coffee time. How I love these girls!

Amen!

 The weekend was full of much laughter, lots of junk food, good movies and good conversation. I can't wait until Christmas when I get to see these ladies again in Abbotsford. After weeks of anticipating this reunion, it came and went far too quickly. Before we knew it, 7am Sunday morning came and the 4 of us were on the road again, going our separate directions. 


As I drove I wondered if this weekend really happened. It felt too good to be true. I am continually reminded how blessed I am to have these ladies in my life and that I got to experience the adventure of a lifetime in Portugal with them - something one can never forget. Thank you ladies for a delightful weekend.




1 comment:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

So glad you had a great time!!!