Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Road Trip Part 1

It started out as a crazy idea we had back in September. After a few obstacles and juggling work schedules, class schedules and needing to find a car, it all worked out and the four of were reunited again! The plan was to meet half way between Abbotsford and Winnipeg, which happened to be Calgary for the November long weekend. 

Thursday morning, at promptly 5am, Aleah and I left Winnipeg with music playing, books on cd on stand-by and strong coffee in hand. After a brief stop for gas and a refill of the worst coffee I have ever had in my entire life (Thank you A&W for that rude awakening), in Brandon, we were on the road again. 

Manitoba   
Saskatchewan

Between Swift Current and Medicine Hat, we had an unexpected delay as I noticed an RCMP vehicle in my rear view mirror. I looked at my speedometer and I was not speeding, so I wondered why he was close on my tail. After what seemed like the longest few minutes, he finally turned on his lights and pulled me over. Apparently my license plate was not coming up as being registered or something (I still have no idea what that means), but after taking my license and registration, all was good and we were on our way again. 



Enjoying a much needed Starbucks refill in Medicine Hat - a nice surprise when we pulled in to fill up with gas.

Medicine Hat is also home to the World's largest Teepee. Who knew??


As the evening came, we were close to arriving at our destination: Kathryn Alberta (just outside of Calgary). It was a long day of driving, but so worth it when we got to see 2 lovely faces we had not seen in 4 1/2 months later on that night.
 




No comments: