Monday, August 22, 2011

A Glimpse into August

August appears to be flying right by and it is now only a few short weeks until we enter the most beautiful season of all - my favorite - FALL! I'm done with the shorts and the flip flops and I am ready for the boots, the jeans, the scarves and the cozy sweaters. Ahhh, it makes me giddy just thinking of it all. 

But first, back to August. At the beginning of August we celebrated mom's birthday - low key style - just the way she likes it. Dominika and I were in charge of the food, so we whipped up some of our awesome burgers with all the toppings: orange & yellow peppers, sauteed mushrooms and onions, etc. They were delicious!

 No kitchen experience with Dominika and I is complete without a little mess and a lot of laughter! This was no exception.


I believe I am laughing so hard at the atrocious "Happy Birthday" singing coming from the dining room table. Our family will never be in a choir of any kind :)

Happy Birthday to a pretty awesome lady.

Cupcakes courtesy of my friend Lavonne at www.barelyburntcookies.blogspot.com

August always holds the Tielmann family ladies tradition of attending Rainbow Stage, and this year was no exception. We start the evening off at one of our favorite restaurants: Kelekis, followed by coffee and of course, topped off with a show. This year "Hairspray" was playing and it was PHENOMENAL! 
Courtney and I enjoying our once a year milkshakes. Yum!

Courtney, Myself and Lesley

Auntie Annie, Grandma and mom

Seeing as I have been gone for the past year, my parents thought a family trip to Minneapolis for a few days would be a good way to spend time together, seeing as we are unable to be at the cottage this summer. What started out as a family holiday ended up turning into a trip to Minneapolis with me and just the parents. I'm learning this summer what being an only child feels like. There are definitely some perks, but I must say, I miss the siblings. 

 Despite the lack of brothers and sisters, mom and I did some of what we do best...Shop! And dad was a trooper, carrying all of our bags. We were extremely successful in our deal finding and it was just nice to have a change in scenery.


While in Minneapolis, shopping at stores such as IKEA and Anthropologie, I got some design inspiration for home.
Some spectacular bedding from Anthropologie


A phenomenal mirror, also from Anthropologie


furniture and accessories from IKEA

 So that has been August thus far. Add in there numerous coffee dates with lovely people, quiet time at home with my journal and bible and time spent outside enjoying the unbelievable summer we are having, and you have yourself a pretty awesome month. I have 12 more days of 'holidays' before I am back to reality and work. Gotta make the most of it!



No comments: