Saturday, December 26, 2009

What kind of luck is this???

Christmas was wonderful. It was a low key 2 days of lots of eating and spending time with my family. Part of our family Christmas tradition is driving down to Minneapolis on boxing day for a few days to do some shopping and also just to spend time together as a family. I packed my bags on Christmas Eve, eagerly anticipating walking through the Mall of America perusing the mall, a Starbucks in hand, of course.

I don't know if there is something about my family and travelling together, but it never seems to go as planned. My dad kindly informed us on Christmas morning that the I-29 from the border to Fargo was closed due to blizzard conditions and slippery roads. As the day progressed, highways being closed due to the bad weather stretched farther and farther south. Currently highways are closed from the border to South Dakota. Seriously???? The plan was to leave early this morning at 5:30am, but as it stands right now, the earliest we can possibly leave is the 27th first thing (only if the highways open).

I'm not sure what it is with our luck, but we can't seem to travel together. Christmas Day brought many people bringing to our attention that this was a repeat of our failed trip to Hawaii from last year. Let me tell you, no one had to bring that to the front of our minds.

So, today is a waiting kind of day. Hopefully we'll play some games and watch some good movies. I'm really hoping that we eventually make it out of this country so we can venture on down south of the border for some good times shopping. People wanted snow for Christmas, but this seems a tad excessive. But I guess this is Manitoba after all.

Stay tuned....


1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Did you get away after all?