Monday, March 19, 2007

You Know its Going to be a Good Week When...

This past weekend I headed out to Arnes for our church's women's retreat. It was a very nice weekend and had a good time being with friends and people from church, however with a big exam on Wednesday I came home feeling extremely stressed out that I had spent time out at the retreat rather than studying. However, a friend reminded me today that God took pleasure in me playing this weekend, so I am glad I went. I will have more details and pics from the retreat posted after my exam on Wednesday.

My week has started off a little rocky. You know it's going to be a long, tough day and you were better off staying in bed when you have a day like this:

I wake up early (I didn't have a class this morning) to study, but was so tired I ended up sleeping until 10:30. So I get ready and do a little bit of studying before I head off to school.

I get to school and take off my jacket and my friend Marni starts laughing. She asks if I got dressed in the dark this morning or had a chance to look at myself in the mirror. I didn't get dressed in the dark and I looked at myself in the mirror many times and concluded that I looked ok. Well it turns out that I had my shirt inside out and backwards with a huge streak of deoderent going across my shirt. What are the chances?

Then someone mentions the paper that we needed to hand in today and I panic because I forgot mine on the table at home. So my friend drives me home quickly to pick it up and as I am getting out of her car, I wipe out on the ice and do a huge face plant and cut my hand on the ice. I couldnt' help but laugh at the sight of me laying on the sidewalk with my hand bleeding. Carmen jumps out of the car to make sure I'm ok and starts to laugh when she sees that I am also laughing. So I get inside and grab my paper and get back to school just in the knick of time for class to start.

I open up my back pack to get my binder out and realize that I forgot to put the binder in there in the first place. I was just about ready to cry. Thankfully it was a class where we did a lot of practical, hands on type of stuff rather than a lecture.

Finally at 7:30 when my last class ended this evening, as I was walking home (or shall I say skating home...really should have brought my skates cuz that would have been a lot easier) I ended up wiping out again on the sidewalk and just laid there looking up at the sky and had to laugh.

So now I am home, I am going to go and do a bit of studying yet tonight and then I am heading off to bed. I am hoping and praying that my day tomorrow is a lot more productive and not as eventful.

No comments: