Friday, March 9, 2007

Beautiful Weather and Winter Fun

So lately I have been feeling like I am in a rut. I go through the same motions every single day and after awhile it just gets to be depressing.

Well, tonight my friend Jenn from school and I decided to change it up. Since the weather today was so beautiful we decided to make good use of it. We headed over to the Forks to do some skating on the river. What a wonderful night. I wish I would have gotten my butt in gear earlier in the winter because I had forgotton how much fun skating was. I hadn't been on the ice at all this winter yet and we waited until it's almost too warm to go. Go figure. The paths weren't fabulous at the Forks as everything was pretty slushy, but once you head down the Red River towards Provencher, the ice does get better.


However, getting down to the river proved to be the challenging part as the Forks people decided to take away all of the mats to walk on, so we found ourselves sliding down our butts in order to get down to the river and climbing snow banks to get back up. It was quite the workout.

While climbing the snow banks on our way back up, we discovered some hidden treasures in the snow. Jenn found a nice pocket watch and I found a tampon. Quite the finds if I do say so myself.

I have to say that I feel much better than I did before I went out tonight. Getting some good fresh air made a big difference.
I would encourage all of you who are like me and feeling the end of winter blues and feeling like you are stuck in a rut, should take a stroll outside and enjoy the wonderful weather that we have been blessed with.

Jenn and I ended the evening off at Expresso Junction with London Fog which hit the spot. I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend a friday night.

No comments: