Saturday, December 16, 2006

Top Ten of 2006

I was doing some reflecting last night about the last year, about where my life has come from and where it is going. I was thinking about the highlights and the non-highlights. So here is my past year in a nutshell.

1. Starting school for Massage Therapy this past September. It is the most wonderful part of my life. For the first time in a long time I feel like I am where God wants me to be.
2. I ended working at Botanical PaperWorks in August after working there for 3 1/2 years. It was a bitter sweet goodbye. It was the best place I have ever worked. I miss those girls!
3. Going on a cruise to Alaska with my extended family - many tears were shed over the lost luggage, but memories included climbing a mountain in a jean skirt and flip flops, going to Hubbard Glacier with my blanket from my bed around me becuase it was sooo incredibly cold and we had no sweaters or jackets, the food, the entertainment, the ballroom dresses from the lost and found. Thanks for the wonderful trip Grandma!
4. Moving back in with Dan and Bonnie and getting to spend a lot more time with Cole. He is a constant joy and delight in my life.
5. The Women's Retreat at Camp Arnes with FaithWorks. It was a wonderful weekend spent laughing and crying and getting to know women in the church and develop new relationships.
6. Gary and Louise's wedding - Janessa, I had a ton of fun dancing with you late into the night. That was by far one of the funnest weddings I have ever attended.
7. Spending many weekends in the summer at the cabin. It's been 5 years since I have been able to go out there joyfully since my grandpa died 5 years ago.
8. Spending time with girlfriends watching movies, going for coffee and just hanging out. Jess, Bre, Deanna, Kristy, Laurie, Aimee, Steph, Odie - you girls are the best friends anyone could have. Thank you for loving me and for being so good to me. I love you all so much!
9. Being involved in a Renovare group. I have enjoyed the time spent developing my relationship with God, instilling spiritual disciplines in my life and developing relationship with this very different group of people.
10. Discovering new gifts in me, such as my love for baking.

1 comment:

Shanilie said...

Hi, I came across your blog today via amber's blog. It is great meating other Christians online. Pop by my blog some time @
http://www.ryanandshaniliegerbrandt.blogspot.com/