Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Time!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocoloate. I am not a fan of egg nog
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
In my house, Santa never gave us presents. They were all from mom and dad and my mom always wrapped them so nice.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights on both the tree and the house
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually around first advent.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My grandma's stuffing. It is sooooo good.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Getting woken up by my dad super early in the morning on christmas morning and getting to open up our presents. We would then toast Christmas bread that my mom made and eat breakfast together.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't think I ever believed in santa. It wasn't really talked about in my family. He was never an important part of christmas.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We go to my Grandma's on Christmas Eve and so we open a few gifts there from her and from cousins.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
My tree is full of all of the decorations that I have received over the years. My mom started a tradition of giving us an ornament on first advent, so for the past 22 years I have gotten a new ornament every year. Each one has its own story and I can tell you when I got each of them. There are some decorations that I made as a little girl on the tree too.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love it around Christmas time, but in January I think it would be nice to start to melt.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes I can and I love it. Anyone want to go skating this year with me?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The first stereo I got as a kid. I thought I was by far the coolest kid around cuz it was one that could record you singing and so I just thought that was the greatest.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending it with family and friends. The traditions.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Peanut Butter Balls or Naniamo Bars
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
My dad waking me up on Christmas morning to come downstairs and open gifts.
17. What tops your tree?
Right now, nothing - I can't find a non-tacky tree topper. Growing up it was always an angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
Giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
The Magnifcat by Steve Bell.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I'm impartial to them. I don't really like them or hate them, but I would eat one if it was given to me.
21.Do you like Christmas music?
OH YES!!! I love the old Amy Grant cd's, Steve Bell's "The Feast" and then the classics like Little Town of Bethlehem, Silent Night, Oh Come All Ye Faithful, etc.

No comments: