Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Journeying

For the last 3 weeks, I have had the privilege of being able to journey into both new and familiar places and alongside some pretty lovely people. 

From December 28 to January 8, Heidi and I wandered around Turkey - exploring ancient ruins and places of worship while at the same time enjoying the hustle and bustle of a huge city. We soared the heights in hot air balloons, explored caves and cisterns beneath the city and explored the richness of Ephesus. We held in tension the conservative-ness in the midst of a secular and modern culture and we embraced the hospitality that the Turkish people we encountered extended. 
This trip was a gift. It filled my bucket to the very fullest. We laughed. A lot. It's what we do. Oh how I have missed doing life with this girl in person. 

January 8th we said goodbye to Turkey - Heidi returned home to the States and I journeyed onward to Portugal for 8 more days. Words cannot adequately describe how good it was to be back in Portugal doing life again with very dear friends. Those 8 days were full of people - reconnecting and enjoying being present with one another. I found my spirit finding rest and refreshment once again.
Copious amounts of coffee were consumed accompanied by rich and meaningful conversation. New sites were explored and others re-visited. I witnessed transformation and growth in ministry sites and also experienced pieces of transformation in my own heart. My bucket runneth over!

Best. Holiday. Ever.


Istanbul Round 1 (December 29-January 1)








The Grand Bazaar


The Blue Mosque

Washing/cleansing before entering the Mosque to pray.




The Hagia Sofia













No comments: