Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Peru 2014

After 2 very long years of not seeing each other, me and one of my dearest friends, Heidi, were reunited in Lima, Peru of all places. By the time my flight finally arrived (2 hours late), it was midnight and I had been awake for 20 hours travelling. However, that did not hold me back from literally leaping into Heidi's arms when I saw her. There may have been some squealing happening in the Lima airport that night. Yup, we were those "loud North Americans".

Travelling necessities 



Early that morning we were scheduled to catch a flight from Lima to Cuzco, where we would be spending the next 4 days, but since it was already midnight and we needed to be at the airport by 4am, we decided to cancel our hotel in Lima, save some money and just stay at the airport until our flight time. Thank goodness for a 24 hour Starbucks in the airport! And there we sat for 4 hours talking. It was as though we had never been apart (minus the fact that we both felt that we needed to keep pinching ourselves to see if this was all really happening. Yup, we were together in person!).

Here is just a glimpse into an amazing 10 days in Peru!

Cuzco






























1 comment:

Jodi Friesen said...

So pretty. So colourful.
I love the red roofs.
I have a wrap pretty much the same colours as the woman carrying her baby (toddler?)!
Looks like an amazing time.