Sunday, October 14, 2012

Apartment Therapy

I've been in my new place for just over 3 weeks now...slowly it is beginning to feel like home. Unfortunately, because it is an apartment I am extremely limited as to how I can decorate and add my personal touch to the space. Despite my limitations, I am seeing it more as a challenge to incorporate my style and my creativity into the space. So here's what I'm working with right now. Welcome to my place!

Living Room


I'm attempting to create a plate wall over the couch. I'm not sure if it's going to work, but we will see. The challenge is finding secure ways of hanging the plates without putting any holes in the wall - no nails allowed in this place :)



Still left to do: Replace hideous curtains,
artwork over the couch, 
purchase an ottoman, 
re-upholster gold chair.

Kitchen



Still to do: find some artwork for over the table.

Hallway


Bathroom


There is nothing else to be done in this room. Each of the fixtures in here is a slightly different shade of yellow...very special. I decided to embrace the yellow by doing everything else in the room, like towels and accessories in white and grey. 

Bedroom




Still left to do: Artwork over the bed, 
replace curtains, 
purchase another nightstand.

Spare Room


 Right now the room is housing various odds and ends, but eventually, I would love have a roommate in here. The only thing left to do in here is clear out my stuff and add a person :)


So that's my place. I'm incredibly thankful for this place and I am excited for the decorating to continue as I make it a home.




1 comment:

Gina said...

I Love that chair in the first living room picture!