Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cake.

After a year and a half of not having done any cake decorating, I pulled out my "gear" and got to work last week creating a 2 year old's birthday cake. I thought since I might be a little rusty on my skills, it might take me a bit longer to put this cake together, but I was pleasantly surprised. The cake turned out beautiful! 


I was asked to do a Dora themed cake for this little 2 year old, but I must admit, carving a Dora cake is not in my repertoire. So, I came across a Dora and Boots candle at Bulk Barn and thought it would be the perfect cake topper. I was right! Add in some stars and voila, a Dora themed cake a la Kara. Thankfully both the mom and the birthday girl loved it.




The bottom tier was a moist devils chocolate cake (recipe by Martha Stewart) and a chocolate buttercream icing. The second tier was an old fashioned white cake (recipe also by Martha Stewart) and chocolate buttercream icing. 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Love it.... and it sounds super tasty too :)