Sunday, July 24, 2011

T- 4 days

The countdown is on. In 4 short days, I will be having long awaited surgery on my wrist. I'm not looking forward to the surgery part, but I am looking forward to the possibility of being pain-free in my wrist so that I can get back to work and doing what I love. The surgery is scheduled for noon on Thursday, July 28th. It was originally supposed to be at 8am, but I got pushed back a few hours (not a big deal, but I am praying that I don't get pushed back more).

I am on day 4 of no meds for my headaches. Due to the fact that my medication causes my blood to thin, I am not allowed to take anything for a week prior to my surgery. So, I am attempting to lay low and praying like crazy that my head pain does not become out of control. So far I am doing ok. After a run in yesterday afternoon at a wedding with a ceramic lamp shade, I am in more pain today, but I am still functional and surviving. 

The plan after surgery is that I will take 4 weeks, as long as everything goes well, to recover and then I will be back at work for September 1st and hopefully playing volleyball again by October. 

I would appreciate prayers for the next few days as I continue to be medication free and then of course for the surgery on Thursday. 

No comments: