Friday, July 15, 2011

Re-Entry and Life

I've now been back home for almost 3 weeks and I must say, being home is nothing like I expected - not better, not worse, just different. On TREK debrief, leadership told us that we would experience some feelings of hibernation and I thought, yeah, I can see myself doing that, but I have surprised myself with my hibernating attitude. I suppose I have just needed the time and space to myself. I have been attempting to keep my schedule fairly empty - only 1 or 2 major things per day, otherwise I find myself feeling a little anxious. So, I continue to take things slow and that has been good.


I learned a lot being in Portugal, particularly in the area of obedience. Since being home, this lesson of being obedient to who God has called me to be and where he has called me to be continues to be one that I am learning. This year away has transformed my life and my way of thinking in some pretty profound ways and I want to continue to live out those changes here at home. I'm currently in the process of figuring out a new life for myself in some respects, which can be both very exciting and yet daunting. As I encounter challenges in my re-entry process, I am clinging to one of my favorite verses in Hebrews 4:16:

"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Regardless of my desire to pull the hibernation card, I have enjoyed being back home. I have been enjoying coffee dates and catching up with friends and family. Starbucks and I have once again become re-acquainted and it has been a beautiful thing! Dominika and I have re-joined the gym again, which has been surprisingly awesome. I forgot how good working out feels. My butt is literally being kicked back into gear and I like it. On the home front, I have made myself busy this last week painting my bedroom, refinishing old furniture and unpacking boxes. There are a few finishing touches that I need to do in my room, but it's been both relaxing and exhilarating transforming this room of mine. I'm already looking for my next projects. Stay tuned for pictures :) 



No comments: