Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tis the Season

This is a good time of year - one my favorites actually. Due to my overwhelmingly busy schedule with work and volleyball, I have had few moments to soak in the beauty outdoors. This morning, I changed that. I don't start work until 3:30, so I decided to take some time for ME. Yup, that's right, I said ME! I got dressed, put on some warm clothes, and headed outside with the dog.

We made our way over to Starbucks to take advantage of the launch of the Christmas drinks. It seemed so cozy inside there - it made me wish I had brought a book and my ipod so that I could sit in one of the comfy chairs, sip a yummy drink and read. The dog would not have appreciated that option very much.



With a grande, extra hot, white peppermint mocha in hand, Bailey and I made our way down to the park. It had been a long while since her and I have had time to play and run in the park.


The air was not too cool, but just crisp enough and the sun was finally shining (my head appreciated that). Bailey and I ran and chased each other, sat on a bench and enjoyed our surroundings, and I sipped goodness out of a delightful red cup.


This is the time of year where I begin to make my Christmas shopping lists. I'm anxious to peruse the mall to find the perfect gifts. However, I can't do that until there is at least some snow on the ground and I can be sure Christmas music will be playing over the sound system. It just seems wrong to do Christmas shopping without those things.



I've made my lists of baking that I need to do. I'm anxious to start. On my baking list this year are the following:
  • Gingerbread cookies
  • Sugar cookies
  • Nanaimo bar
  • Sour Cream cookies
  • Cream Wafers
  • Peanut Butter Balls
Unfortunately the actually baking will have to wait until volleyball has come to an end. There is just too much on my plate these days. Every part of me is giddy with excitement as I begin to prepare for the Christmas season. I feel like a 5-year old kid again - It's actually a lot of fun.


I'm thankful for mornings like today where I can have time to nourish my soul and experience some simple goodness. And, today is Wednesday. The weekend is almost here. Cheers to that!

3 comments:

kerry and jo said...

May your christmas season and all the preparations be all you hope for!

Heidi Reimer-Epp said...

Good looking list of Christmas baking there Kara! I might be inspired to try the cream wafers as well. I usually leave that up to my mother-in-law but it would be nice to have our own supply. We'll see!!!

Kara said...

Definitely try and make your own Heidi - or we should make them together!