Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome October

This is my favorite month of the year. I LOVE October. It's shaping up to be a busy one, but within all the rushing around, it is also filled to brim with tons of good things.

Volleyball is in full swing at MBCI - league games begin and there are tournaments every weekend this month. I love coaching. I love getting to know these very neat girls. I love that I have been blessed with teams where there is minimal "catty-ness". These girls just want to play volleyball and that is awesome. Plain and simple.


There are some
very special and important birthdays that need celebrating this month (Kristy & Me - just to name a few) and celebrate we will!


The leaves are changing spectacular shades of reds and oranges. Every year I find myself in awe as I get a front row seat to the changing of seasons and the new life that is promised once the dead of winter ends. I love how God wakes me up with the beauty of His creation. I am finding myself experiencing more "a-ha" God moments each day. I love that.








I love digging through my closest and re-discovering my long lost sweaters that I tucked away in the spring. I have a thing for sweaters. It's just what I do. I love the coziness that they offer and how comfortable I feel in them.






I love the crisp evening walks I take with my dog. I love the crunching of the leaves under my shoes as I walk along the sidewalk and I love that crispy feeling on my cheeks.








I love the Pumpkin Spice Lattes I have been indulging in over the last few weeks. October means all things pumpkins and I am all over that!

I love the smell of far off burning fields as farmers prepare for harvest.

This is hopefully the month where I will finally get an MRI done. It's about time.


There is one more lake weekend left for the year at Thanksgiving. I love the coziness of the cottage. I love being surrounded by the changing season. I love the peacefulness that being at the lake offers.


It's going to be a good month. I just know it!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I loved this post. I can sense the joy in your heart :) I'm happy for you Kara.

kerry and jo said...

I too, quite enjoy the fall, especially the fall colors and pumpkins, etc. I spent the other morning setting up my fall displays outside and in the house. Hopefully some of that can cheer others up as well. Take care!