Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving this year was not entirely what I had envisioned. It felt like a whirlwind of activity mixed in with a whole lot of sickness. I woke up Friday morning plagued with a nasty head cold, but I refused to let that stop me from my weekend activities. Staying in bed for the day was not on my list of things to do.

Friday and Saturday I spent all day in the gym coaching. We ended up finishing 3rd, which was awesome. The girls were great. It was incredible how much they had improved from the previous weekend. Practices this last week with the copious amounts of running lines for missed serves apparently paid off :)




Friday night, I ventured out in the blowing snow (not appreciated at the beginning of October) to Kristen's to celebrate Kristy's birthday. Her request this year for a party was us 5 girls relaxing under warm blankets, surrounded by candles and good food. I believe lots of laughing was also requested. We managed to give Kristy all of her requests. The party was perfect.









Kristy: It is a joy to be able to celebrate another year of your life with you. You are a wonderful friend and I hope that this next year ahead brings with it, awesome things for you. Love you tons!

The regular traditions of Thanksgiving took place over the course of the weekend, including one last time out at the cabin. Unfortunately the cabin resembled nothing like previous thanksgivings with shades of yellows, oranges and reds scattered all over the place. Nope, instead a white blanket of snow covered the ground and trees. I was not impressed. I was hoping to take a walk down the road with my camera to soak up some of the autumn beauty, but it never happened. Sunday I woke up and was officially down for the count in sickness. Boo to that. I had to enjoy the crisp fall air from indoors on the couch.


Despite the unplanned sickness and disappointing weather, it was still a decent weekend. I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: