Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Week So Far

So far it's been a pretty good week - a busy week at that. Lots of celebration and eating out. Just over a month after Kevin and Dominika got engaged, our two families finally were able to get together and celebrate with them. We celebrated at the Keg - never a disappointment (especially when I get to chow down on Lobster) and had a good time with both families. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera along, so there are no pictures.

This week also included the girls annual evening out at Rainbow Stage. In attendance this year was my mom, Courtney, Grandma and my auntie Anny. Playing this year is Beauty and the Beast and let me just say, that it was by far one of the best productions they have ever put on. Everything was phenomenal. Our evening always begins with a greasy, but delicious supper at Kelekis - there are no better burger and fries anywhere in the city in my opinion.


It was a wonderful evening out with the ladies. Next year: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Yesterday morning I got hang out with one of my favorite men in the whole world.


Gavin and I had a delightful morning together spent at the park and playing diggers and dozers. We made the outing to the park our first activity in order to beat the summer heat, although that back fired. By the time we arrived back at home (about a 45 minute trip in total), Gavin's hair was dripping wet - he looked as though he had just gotten out of the bath. Sorry dude.

Love you dude!

AND....Last but not least, I need your votes. I entered into a contest on the Ikea website to win a $15, 000 makeover. I entered our basement (as it is pretty hideous). You can vote for us here. The room is entitled Kara's Basement of Mismatch.

This weekend I am headed out to the cabin. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. If not, it will still be great.

No comments: