Sunday, September 29, 2013

home.

After a looooong 24 hour day of travel, I cannot describe how good it feel to have the pilot on the plane say over the intercom, "Welcome to Lisbon." 
I am home.


It is so good to be back in this place. I was welcomed by an incredible group of people. I hadn't slept on any of the flights, so I was exhausted and then walking into the Lisbon airport all I saw was a huge sea of people, so when I heard 2 little girls (who actually aren't that little anymore :) cry out, "There's Kara! She's here!!!", I got a little emotional.


Words cannot describe how full my heart has been these last few 2 days seeing people I have missed so very much. Lots has changed in a year - kids that I still see has being "little" in my head are actually not so little anymore - and yet, there is still so much that is familiar.

I must practice taking in every single moment because these are 3 weeks that I do not want to pass by quickly.


1 comment:

Jeremy Epp said...

so great to read this! I pray it would be a blessed time for you there! -Theresa