Wednesday, February 13, 2013

And we're off

After months of planning and praying, the time has come. SOAR Saskatchewan is starting, whether we are ready or not :) If I'm being honest, I will admit that I am heading into program exhausted and at times, with a head completely overwhelmed with thoughts. Entering into program mode is a bag of emotions. Underneath the the 'to do' lists and budgets, organization and the fear of "what have I gotten myself into", is an incredible excitement that has been building for months, knowing that God is going to show up and he is going to move and he is going to transform. Being on program holds many good things - worship, intercession, sessions and community, but for me, the best part about being on program is coming back together at the end of the day and hearing the stories of how participants encountered the presence of Jesus and how their hearts and minds are being transformed through mission.

Wine and a movie while I finish up some last minute packing.

So tomorrow, bright and early, despite the weariness that currently resides in my body, I will be getting into a vehicle and making the 8 1/2 hour drive to Saskatoon, trusting that God will renew my heart and mind and restore energy and passion. It is my prayer that I would remain attentive to the Spirit and may this heart of mine be awakened in ways that cannot even be imagined. May SOAR be yet another opportunity to learn what it means to feast.


No comments: