Sunday, September 16, 2012

it is finished...

Six months ago I started a project of transforming an old head board, found at MCC, into a fabulous upholstered headboard. I finished the actual upholstery stage six months ago, but for the longest time I could not find any nailhead trim to finish off the project. After a number unsuccessful attempts of ordering online, I finally found trim in "antique brass" on Amazon. What would we do without Amazon? Last week I got a fabulous little package in the mail - my nailhead trim and this evening, I finally got it put on the headboard. I can officially say my headboard is finished. And I love it.

This is how the headboard started out...I extended the legs, sanded it down and painted it white.

Newly upholstered.
The Finished Product...






Now onto the next project...I have a lovely armchair needing to be re-covered.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

WOW! That looks really good! And I thought you were not a crafter..... hehe!