Monday, July 9, 2012

Home.

We left Winnipeg early Friday afternoon and headed off to Chicago and then Newark. Excitement raced through our bodies as we boarded the last flight from Newark to Lisbon. Little sleep was had (although I am happy to report that I did catch a little over an hour of sleep on the flight - typically I do not sleep on planes, so thanks to those who were praying for that), but we arrived safe and sound with all of our luggage at 8:30am this morning (Lisbon time). 

Departing Newark
Arriving in Lisboa
My dear friend Joe has connections like no one I have ever met before when it comes to airplanes. He managed to get  close enough to the runway to take this picture of us landing!

I am on Portugal soil once again and my heart is full. Words cannot describe how good it feels to be back in this place that changed my life and that I have come to love. I got a little teary eyed as I walked through the doors of the Lisbon Airport to see the faces of Jose, Otto & Marjorie. How I have missed these people!


Stay tuned for more pictures from our first few days exploring Lisbon together.


No comments: