Tuesday, April 24, 2012

a new project.

Not only does spring mean warmer temperatures and sitting on patios drinking yummy drinks, but it also means garage sale season commences. With this past Saturday being wonderfully beautiful outside, it meant for many yard sales. Unfortunately, I was working at the clinic, so unable to get an early start (and really, if you don't start at the crack of dawn, all the good stuff is picked over, so I would rather not bother going out than wandering from sale to sale fruitless), but it just so happens I have an awesome dad who not only is aware of what I am looking for, but also who found me a beauty!

I scored this fabulous cabinet - I actually have no idea how much my dad paid for it - he won't divulge that information to me, so for all I know, it was $10 - a steal. I have so many ideas running through my head as to what I am going to do with this piece. For the time being I am going to keep it white, but paint the inside shelves white to match - the blue is just a little much for me. Add some fun, new hardware like these:

From Anthropologie
From Lee Valley

And Voila! A lovely new entertainment cabinet - sure beats the old Walmart wooden shelf I had previously.

No comments: