Thursday, February 23, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time with my dear dear friend Heidi and my new friend, Stacy, in both Minnesota and South Dakota. The planning of this trip went something like this:


H - Hey so in February Stacy and I have to go up to South Dakota and Minnesota to speak at some churches there for my fundraising to Peru.
K - Seriously??? That's like our half way point between Kansas and Winnipeg. What weekend are you going?
H - February 18-20
K - No way! That's a long weekend for us in Manitoba
H - We should do this.
K - Definitely.


And from there, everything kinda just fell into place. First things Saturday morning, I trekked on down to Mountain Lake, Minnesota, where I got to meet up with Stacy and Heidi. Since they are both in fundraising for long term missions mode, we were on the cheap track, so no hotels for us. Instead we soaked up the billeting option and the potlucks! I can't say it's how I would choose to travel on a regular basis, but in this case, we got to meet some really neat people. 


The 3 of us had 2 solid days of intense laughing and catching up. As I was driving home on Monday, it felt completely surreal that I had just spent time with Stacy and Heidi. I haven't laughed as hard as I did this weekend in a very long time!


Before going our separate ways on Monday morning, we enjoyed one last coffee together  at this amazing coffee shop called Coffea. I'm pretty picky about my coffee, but this coffee was out of this world. One of the best lattes I have ever had! And check out that leaf! I need to learn how to do that with my lattes at home.




Thanks for a solid and memorable weekend ladies!


No comments: